1 Shamuaw’al 3:1-10
(1) And the young Shamuaw’al was serving YAHUAH before Aly. And the Word of YAHUAH was rare in those days – no vision breaking forth.
(2) And it came to be in that day, that Aly was lying down in his place. And his eyes had begun to grow so dim that he was unable to see,
(3) And the lamp of Aluahim had not gone out in the temple of YAHUAH where the ark of Aluahim was, and Shamuaw’al was lying down to sleep.
(4) And YAHUAH called Shamuaw’al, and he answered, “Here I am!”
(5) He then ran to Aly and said, “Here I am, for you called me.” But he said, “I did not call – lie down again.” So he went and lay down.
(6) And YAHUAH again called, “Shamuaw’al!” And Shamuaw’al arose and went to Aly, and said, “Here I am, for you called me.” But he answered, “My son, I did not call – lie down again.”
(7) Now Shamuaw’al did not yet know YAHUAH, and the Word of YAHUAH was not yet revealed to him.
(8) And YAHUAH called Shamuaw’al again the third time, and he arose and went to Aly, and said, “Here I am, for you did call me.” Then Aly understood that YAHUAH had called the youth.
(9) So Aly said to Shamuaw’al, “Go, lie down. And it shall be, if He calls you, say, ‘Speak, YAHUAH, for Your servant hears.’ ” And Shamuaw’al went and lay down in his place.
(10) And YAHUAH came and stood and called as at other times, “Shamuaw’al! Shamuaw’al!” And Shamuaw’al answered, “Speak, for Your servant hears.”
Psalms 103:20-22 Adore YAHUAH, you His messengers, mighty in power, who do His Word, listening to the voice of His Word. (21) Adore YAHUAH, all you His hosts, you His servants, who do His pleasure. (22) Adore YAHUAH, all His works, in all places of His rule. Adore YAHUAH, O my being!
Note: The name שמועאל (Shamuaw’al) means “heard of Aluah”.